Created: 16 September 2015
- Precise bi-directional, highly dynamic flow measurement
- Water-tight transducers (IP67) for outside use
- Virtually maintenance free - permanent coupling pads instead of frequent regreasing
- Simple retrofitting in existing networks and systems - no need for pipe work
- User-friendly menu navigation - the firmware is specifically adapted to the needs of the water industry
- For nominal pipe diameters of 10mm up to 2500mm - highly cost effective
- Superior pipeline leak detection - high repeatability of accurate measurement readings
- Digital Signal Processing ensuring stable and reliable results even under difficult measurement conditions
- High measuring accuracy, even at low flow velocities due to matched transducers
The economic Water Flowmeter FLUXUS F501 - Designed for the needs of the Water Utilities sector
The FLUXUS F501 is FLEXIM's solution for many flow metering applications found in the water and wastewater sector and adjacent industries. As FLEXIMs basic and economic alternative, the F501 offers the same benefits in terms of accuracy and reliability as its bigger brothers, the FLUXUS F704.
The FLUXUS F501 offers a precise bi-directional flow measurement over a wide turndown ratio and not only at high, but especially at low flow velocities due to its matched and paired transducer pairs, offering a superior zero stability, and the superior measurement algorithms embedded in the flow computer. With its water-tight IP67 transducers and a permanent coupling due, it is also thought for outside use at drinking water pipelines or similar applications and is virtually maintenance free. Especially here, at pipe diameters up to 2500 mm, it is a better and much more cost effective alternative to other measurement technologies, such as MIDs.
As of its high repeatability, the FLUXUS F501 also offers the possibility for leak detection when placing multiple measurement systems at one pipeline. Especially at night, when temperatures are more even and only low flow velocities are common in drinking water lines, leakages can clearly be identified and such reading transferred to a process control system.
The ideal retrofit solution for water pipes
As a non-intrusive clamp on flow meter, the FLUXUS F501 is the ideal solution for retrofitting in existing networks without interruption of supply lines.Thanks to the clamp-on technology, no cutting or welding work is needed to mount the transducers on the pipe. During installation, the flow meter's user interface is automatically adapted to the connected transducers and no zeroing is necessary. Water is already pre-selected as medium and it's physical properties are stored in the flowmeter's memory.
In most cases only the pipe's outer diameter and wall thickness as well as the water temperature has to be entered in order to start the measurement. The commissioning work is thus reduced to a minimum. On request, the instrument can even be pre-configured at the factory.
FLEXIM also offers flow meter solutions for subsurface buried pipelines: IP68 transducers, mounted in the stainless steel VARIOFIX C fixture, guarantee a long lifetime even under such difficult conditions. The measurement system of choice for such applications is the FLUXUS F501IP.
- Flow measurement at water and wastewater lines
- Highly Hygienic measurement technology for drinking water applications
- Leakage detection at water lines
- Volumetric flow measurement at Hydro Power Plants
- Flow measurement of water and water mixtures within processing and manufacturing industries
Buy: Fluxus F501 - portable flow meter, price: ---- euro